This wikiHow teaches you how to block calls from anonymous numbers on your iPhone or Android. You can do this by using Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, or by changing call settings on your Android if you have a Samsung phone. If you don’t have a Samsung phone, you can download an app called “Should I Answer?” to block incoming unknown calls on Android. Unfortunately, there isn’t an app or a setting available on iPhone that will only block incoming private, unknown, or restricted calls.
- Open your iPhone’s Settings. Tap the grey app with gears on it. You’ll usually find it on the Home Screen.
- Scroll down and tap Do Not Disturb. It’s near the top of the Settings page.
- Tap the white “Do Not Disturb” switch . It will turn green .
- Tap . This option is near the bottom of the screen.
- Tap . Doing so will select your entire contacts list as the exception to Do Not Disturb. You will no longer receive calls from people who aren’t saved in your Contacts app.
- This method blocks calls from any numbers that aren’t saved in your Contacts app, meaning that you might miss out on a work- or appointment-based call.
- Do Not Disturb also prevents other app notifications (e.g., text messages, email, social media) from showing up as alerts.
EditOn Samsung Galaxy
- Make sure that you have a Samsung phone. Samsung phones are the only Androids that have an anonymous caller rejection setting.
- If you’re using a non-Samsung Android phone, skip ahead to the Should I Answer app method instead.
- Open the Phone app. Tap the phone-shaped app on your Android’s main screen.
- Tap . It’s in the top-right corner of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Tap . You’ll find this near the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Tap . It’s in the middle of the menu. This will open the call-blocking settings.
- Tap the grey “Block anonymous calls” switch . It will turn blue . Your Samsung will now block any calls from unknown numbers.
EditUsing Should I Answer on Android
- Download Should I Answer. If you already have the Should I Answer app, skip this step. To download it:
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Tap the search bar.
- Type in
- Tap Should I Answer?
- Tap INSTALL
- Tap AGREE
- Open Should I Answer. Tap OPEN on the right side of the Google Play Store page, or tap the Should I Answer app icon in your Android’s App Drawer.
- Tap twice. Both CONTINUE options are at the bottom of the screen. Doing so will take you to the main page.
- Tap the tab. It’s at the top of the main Should I Answer page.
- Scroll down to the “Block INCOMING calls from” section. This area is near the bottom of the page.
- Tap the grey “hidden numbers” switch . It will change color which means that Should I Answer will block incoming calls from restricted or anonymous numbers.
- You can close Should I Answer after this point—your settings will be saved and Should I Answer will remain on in the background.
- If you live in the United States of America, you can register your phone number with the Do Not Call registry by going to https://www.donotcall.gov/register/reg.aspx, clicking REGISTER HERE, and entering your phone number and a working email address. This will require telemarketers and spammers to remove your phone number from their call lists within 31 days.
EditSources and Citations
tags exist, but no
tag was found
Via:: Wiki how